Rick L. Lasseter
Rick L. Lasseter, is a partner with the firm in the Jacksonville Office. He has been defending clients in civil litigation since 2008. His practice focuses on defending health care professionals, contractors and construction professionals against construction defect claims, and insurance agents against error and omission claims. Mr. Lasseter also has extensive experience defending clients in a wide variety of claims including premises liability claims against retailers and restaurants and automobile liability claims. He has been named to the Rising Stars list published by the Florida Super Lawyers Magazine; an honor bestowed on just 2.5% of the attorneys in the State.
His areas of experience include the following:
- Construction defect: defense of general contractors, construction managers, and subcontractors in a wide variety of cases ranging from single family homes to large multi-family projects across the State of Florida.
- Insurance agent errors and omissions: defense of insurance agents against claims alleging negligent procurement, breach of fiduciary duty, and breach of contract as well as defense of regulatory complaints against insurance agents.
- Medical malpractice: defense of physicians, nurses, and dentists in a wide variety of cases.
- Premises liability: defense of retailers and restaurants in cases involving negligent security, trip-and-falls, and slip-and-falls.
- Automobile liability: defense of drivers in claims involving personal injury and death arising from automobile accidents.
- Deceptive and Unfair Trade Practices Act defense including class actions.
- Fair Debt Collection Practices Act defense.
- Telephone Consumer Protection Act defense.
- Deposition and subpoena defense for non-parties including physicians and insurance agents.
Mr. Lasseter was born and raised in Valdosta Georgia. In 2005, he graduated from Valdosta State University. He earned his Juris Doctor from Florida Coastal School of Law in 2008. While in law school, Mr. Lasseter participated in the school's highly ranked Moot Court program and competed at the regional, national, and international level. In addition to his Juris Doctor, he also obtained a certificate in Advanced Legal Research and Writing.
Admitted to practice in the State of Florida in 2008 and the Middle and Northern Federal Courts in the State, Mr. Lasseter is an active member of the Florida Bar and the Jacksonville Bar Association.